Gathering Feedback from Your Users Directly From the Toolbar (Polling Gadget)
One great way to get feedback from your community toolbar users is to engage with them and ask them questions. The best way to present these questions is directly from the toolbar! Your users can vote and view results directly in the toolbar gadget, and you can easily swap the questions whenever you want to get more information.
What should you ask?
Anything that would help you get to know your users better -- in each case you can give them 3-5 options to pick from.
Feedback on your website or offering:
Use the toolbar as a way to drive back traffic to your website – ask specific questions about your website – have you recently made changes? Are you considering adding new sections? Ask your biggest fans for insight!
Feedback about your toolbar:
- Ask them about their favorite (or least favorite) components already on the toolbar – list a couple of options and see what they pick.
- Are you considering adding new features to the toolbar? Give them a couple of options to pick from and add components they will be excited to use.
- As specific component related info… for example: Find out what type of music you should add to the radio player (remember – the radio player is one of the most popular/stickiest components on the toolbar – take advantage of it!)
Feedback on your toolbar/website promotions:
- Find out what social network they use most often – if you have the opportunity to focus your promotion in only one place – where should you go? Where will you find more users?
- Find out HOW they found your toolbar – was it a direct message from you? Were they forwarded a link from a friend? Did they find it on another website?
How to set up the polling gadget in 3 easy steps:
Find a polling website /gadget you like. Some we’ve come across include Quimble.com, Visu.com, and PollDaddy.com. All have very similar processes to set up the poll. We chose to go with Quimble. For any of the other services, log on their sites and follow the directions.
- Decide what you’re going to ask and what options you’re giving as an answer
- Visit http://www.quimble.com/poll/new to create a new poll.
- Log into your Conduit control panel and add a custom gadget to your toolbar.